The Global Family & Private Investment Offices (GFO) group was established in 1982 to focus exclusively on the needs of Northern Trust's wealthiest of private clients. We provide global investment, fiduciary, banking, technology and reporting tools, asset servicing, and advisory solutions to GFO clients situated in more than 25 countries around the world. We foster long-term relationships by offering an unparalleled combination of service, expertise and capabilities tailored to the distinct needs of our clients.
- Single Family Offices
- Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals and Families
- Private Investment Companies
- Family Foundations
- Private Trust Companies
- 450+ Family Relationships
- 25+ countries
- $900 million average client size
- Serving 25% of Forbes 400 Wealthiest Americans2
- 100+ Billionaire Families
- 265+ dedicated Northern Trust professionals
- Relationship Management & Client Experience from a dedicated team of professionals focused exclusively on our clients.
- Investment Advisory & Asset Management advice, strategies, and multi-asset class solutions delivered by a results-oriented team on an institutional, multi-manager platform.
- Global Asset Servicing spanning various entity and asset types, through a single global operating platform.
- Technology, Reporting & Information Delivery solutions on-demand, enabling our clients to make decisions and seamlessly manage their operations.
- Performance Measurement & Risk Services which provide better data, better tools and facilitate better decision making.
- Fiduciary Services that utilize a contemporary, highly focused and customized approach to fulfilling the role of trustee.
- Private Finance & Banking founded in credit and liquidity management solutions structured to fulfill your unique financing needs.
- Networking Opportunities for clients to connect with, learn from and engage with each other.
1 Source: Northern Trust. Staff figures as of June 30, 2017. All other figures as of December 31, 2017.
2 As of October 17, 2017. Source: Forbes.